Tampa Auto Accident Lawyers
Car Crashes Automobile Accidents Motor Vehicle Crashes
No matter what you call an automobile accident, hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer is an important step to protect your rights. If you were injured in a car accident that was not your fault Tampa personal injury lawyers Matt Powell and Mitch Espat offer you this information to help you protect your rights. Call Powell & Espat because they are experienced personal injury lawyers who have helped people all over the State of Florida and Tampa. An experienced car accident attorney can guide you in the right direction and save you a lot of time, hassle and aggravation. Matt Powell is a Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer with over twenty years of experience helping injured car wreck victims.
Driving in Florida, the chances are high that you or a family member will be injured in a car accident that was not your fault. If being hurt in the car crash isn't bad enough, the way you are sometimes treated by the insurance companies can be worse. Insurance companies do their best to deny or reduce paying your injury claim, and if they must pay your injury claim, they may delay paying you for as long they can. It is important to be knowledgeable and prepared before an automobile accident so that what you do after the car accident will make a difference in your recovery.
- Stop your vehicle and wait for the police. There is almost never a good excuse for leaving the scene of an accident.
- Check and make sure that you and your passengers are okay, then see if anyone else is injured from the crash.
If there are injuries, call for an ambulance immediately.
- Donít move anyone that is badly injured unless there is a danger for greater injury by leaving them where they are.
If you are hurt and are not in grave danger, it is usually best to remain in your car until medical help arrives.
- Leave your car where it is. Donít move the car unless it is a clear liability case where you were rear ended. You should only move your car if it is blocking a busy road. When in doubt, leave your car where it is until the police tell you it is okay to move your car.
- Call the police. Dial 911 and ask for help. The police usually respond faster if there are injuries, or drugs or alcohol is involved.
- Go to the hospital for your injuries. The sooner you get checked out by a doctor, the better it will be for your case. The insurance companies love to say later that you must not have been hurt because you waited a long time before you saw a doctor. Avoid this insurance trick by getting checked out as soon as possible after the crash.
- Take photographs: of the damaged vehicles, skid marks, traffic signals and signs, and various points of view that each driver would have had before the crash.
- Preserve any evidence, such as the identity of witnesses who may be able to help explain that the other driver was at fault.
Get the other drivers name, address, and insurance company, as well as the other vehicle owners information too.
- Tell the police what happened but do not give any other statements to any other ďinvestigatorsĒ for the other parties. There will be plenty of time to give statements later. Donít give a recorded statement to anyone without speaking to an attorney first.
- Call Powell & Espat as soon as you can 813-222-2222.
By following these few simple steps you can protect your rights.
If you have questions about a car accident, please call us at Powell & Espat to talk with us about your car accident case. We will be glad to give you a free consultation. If you have a case that we can accept, we will take your case on a contingency fee basis, which means you donít pay us anything up front. We only get paid when we make a recovery for you. Call us. We are experienced personal injury attorneys helping people and families for over 20 years with car accident cases.
304 S Plant Avenue Tampa, Florida 33606 (813) 222-2222